Help us to grow the Work
The Planned Environment Therapy Trust is a small charity which has been dedicated since1966, to promoting and supporting the work of therapeutic communities, past and present, and the people whose lives are entwined in them. Through opening the Barns Centre in 2002 in support of the Archive and Study Centre established in 1989, we have nurtured an environment where learning and understanding can be explored, shared and preserved.
The Trust supports a dedicated team, who co-ordinate and maintain our on-site conference facility, organise and run varied events, and manage a thriving archive and oral history programme. We maintain a specialist archive and research library, in secure and environmentally controlled premises, annually hosting students, researchers, and former community members, and answering queries from around the world - all without charge, as a service to the community.
We are able to sustain the basic work of the Trust thanks to past investments and income from Barns Centre, but to do more than that - to continue to give our uniue support to students and researchers, to people seeking information about therapeutic options, and to the wider community of therapeutic environments - we need your help.
"The award-winning work undertaken at PETT in support of therapeutic environments, inspiring and essential as it is, does not by itself generate the necessary funds to sustain the organisation. To thrive and to continue to grow our support of therapeutic environments and the people they serve, we need your help. We need your collaboration."
- Richard Rollinson, Executive Director
We need your time - as a volunteer and active supporter:
- If you have administrative or fundraising time, talents or skills you can offer, please speak with Executive Director Richard Rollinson;
- To contribute to the work of the Archive, Library, or with the Oral History Collections and Online Information-Sharing, please contact Archivist Craig Fees;
- If you have a green thumb, or building and maintenance skills, or enthusiasm, please contact Joanna Jansen;
- If you have I.T., office, catering or other skills and talents to offer, please contact Conference and Accommodation Administrator Joanna Jansen .
We need your financial support:
- Use use our 'Mydonate' page by clicking on the button to the right for an immediate donation.
- Speak with Executive Director Richard Rollinson or Trust Secretary Maureen Ward about including PETT and its work in your will.
- Send a cheque to PETT c/o Trust Secretary Maureen Ward.
- Buy beautiful jewellery or handmade scarves from Sparkle Jewellery.
We need your Sponsorship:
- Give a direct contribution to the immense task of gathering, preseserving, managing and sharing the unique heritage of therapeutic environments. See here for some ideas.
We need your Friendship, Interest, and Contribution to our Knowledge and Thinking:
- Subscribe to our monthly eNewsletter
- Join our pettconnect email discussion group
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter